Frequently Asked Questions
A. We are expanding to new markets, and we update our Tippin’s Pie Finder regularly to include local grocery retailers. If there isn’t a location nearby, you can order a pie online to be delivered to your home. If you want your grocery store to carry Tippin’s, please ask the store manager. A little customer pressure never hurts!
We opened as Pippin’s Restaurant & Pie Pantry in 1980. We changed our name to Tippin’s in 1985. That’s nearly 40 years of pie-making expertise! Learn more about our history.
French Silk, Apple and Pumpkin are our best-selling pies. In fact, our Pumpkin pies are in such demand that we produce half a million Pumpkin pies every holiday season.
We occasionally make a Chocolate Peanut Butter pie that is produced in our bakery along with Pecan, Dixie and other pies with nuts. We take steps to minimize the potential for cross-contamination of any allergens, but in an abundance of caution, we make sure to declare on our labels the potential for an allergen to exist. We are very aware of the impact allergens can have on people with food allergies, and we hope you are able to find products that you can enjoy safely.
Yes, you can order our best-selling pies online and have them delivered to your home. Click here to order a Tippin’s pie online.
Reheating Instructions for fully baked Tippin’s fruit pies:
Option 1 = Thaw and serve.
Option 2 = For best results, follow these steps:
1) Keep pie frozen until ready to heat.
2) Remove pie from plastic packaging. Keep pie in metal tin.
3) Place pie on a baking sheet. Transfer to the center rack of a cold oven.
4) Set oven temperature to 350° F (Convection oven: 300° F).
5) Heat for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, until crust begins to brown.
6) Remove baking sheet with pie from oven.
7) Cool pie before serving.
For Food Safety and Quality:
- Ovens vary so heating time may need adjusting.
- Microwave and toaster oven heating is not recommended.
- Do not refreeze.
- Store pie covered and refrigerated, or at room temperature, for up to 3 days.
Yes, Tippin’s pie packaging can be recycled with any plastic recycling. Because Tippin’s pies are made from scratch with fresh ingredients, we need to keep them in an air-tight container. Our packaging serves to keep our pies fresh at home while you enjoy them. Please recycle the top and bottom plastic pieces when you finish your pie. You can rinse out the aluminum pie tin and recycle it as well.